Tuesday, December 18, 2012

100 books challenge & books for Christmas

I think I worded my New Year's Resolution this year something like, "Read More", and when I finally stopped holding out & joined Goodreads this summer, the site asked me if I wanted to set a reading goal for the year.

I'd been keeping up with how many books I'd been reading. My initial idea for a goal, though, was 60, because most people shoot for 50 & have a tough time. Then, I realized if I kept reading at the pace I had up to June, I could easily make it to 100. So, here I am. I'm reading my 100th book of the year, Richard Russo's Straight Man. I bought the book at Burke's Books in Memphis in February & just never got around to it until now.

I'm proud of my almost accomplishment. It's been a good year for reading, and I've read a lot.

Here's the Callie top-10 list (you can check out everything I ready this year on Goodreads if you care..):

Divergent
The Hobbit
Snow Child
Wildwood
The Casual Vacancy
I Capture the Castle
Sisters Red
NW
Poppy Shakespeare
It Chooses You

So, there ya go.

And now that the cat is out of the bag, I actually got almost everyone on my list a book for Christmas this year - and each was a book I read this year. I did my best to pick out books each person would enjoy.

Now the begging questions: Will I read this much in 2013? Probably not. I'm not going to make it a priority. My reading goal, instead, will be to read more poetry, since I didn't read any this year at all and haven't read much since college.

What were your favorite reads of 2012?

No comments: